Thursday, July 07, 2011

Waffles for Me



I created a version of waffles for me.

Dry ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking power

Wet ingredients
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg yolk
1 egg white

Combine dry ingredients. Add in milk, oil, and egg yolk. Whip the the egg white and fold in waffle batter. Bake in waffle baker.
For a short cut you can just add the egg whole with the wet ingredients.

These waffles did turn out a little more dense that I liked, but that may because I added 1/2 whole wheat flour. We are in the process of moving and I wanted to us up some of the whole wheat flour.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. I think you should add this to my Monday recipe linky party. :-) I love waffles. I don't make them often enough. Thanks for participating at Joy of Desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waffles...these sound fantastic! Can they be for me, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking it to my Monday recipe party too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...