Friday, October 14, 2011

Sloppy Joe Recipe


Growing up at at home we called it "Spanish Hamburgers", don't know why or what makes it "Spanish". It is a very simple recipe and an alternative to canned Sloppy Joe sauce.

This is the recipe passed to me:
1 pound ground beef
1 can concentrated tomato soup
About 1 cup of ketchup (or a amount equal to the soup)
Brown the beef (drain excess fat) and add the soup and ketchup. Heat thoroughly. Serve on buns.

However, in my version, I will add:
about 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef. You could also add green peppers.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy. I used to love sloppy joe. I totally forgot about it, until now. I will give this recipe a try this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there! You've got tons of creativity and I admire them all. Can you please join us at Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! Hi, hopping by from the Lots of Lovin’ Weekend Blog Hop. I am your newest GFC follower. I hope that you can stop by www.indianacouponsavings.com and follow me too!! Thanks, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, not you've got me wanting to make these. I can almost taste it. LOL I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo! Nice to have you stop by.

    Thanks for the DIY Sloppy Joe. I'm all about Worcestershire sauce.

    ReplyDelete