Thursday, August 16, 2012

Show Your Stuff #37 - Sweet And Sour Meatballs


This week I am sharing a Sweet and Sour Meatball recipe.
This recipe originally had cubed boneless pork, but I had ground turkey and wanted to try a meatball version. So here is the recipe.

Meatball ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey, or ground chicken, or ground pork
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Vegetables
1 clove of minced or pressed garlic
1 large green peeper seeded and diced
1 medium onion, cut into one in square
2 medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch slices
1/2 cup canned pineapple
2 medium tomatoes, cut into one inch cubes

Sweet and sour sauce:
1 T cornstarch
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 t ground ginger
1 T soy sauce
1 T dry sherry (I use cooking sherry)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth

Mix all the ingredients, for into meatballs, fry in a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Once the meatballs are cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.

In a the pan with about 2 T oil fry up the vegetables except the pineapple and tomatoes for about few minutes

Mix all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce, add to the vegetable, mix in the pineapple, tomatoes, and the meatballs. Cook until the sauce is thick and the meatballs and heated. Serve with noodle or rice,




9 comments:

  1. That sounds so flavorful, would be great with chicken. Thank you for hosting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatballs in this sound great--fun idea! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds delicious. I made very similar dish a few days ago with sweet orange sauce. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny I just made something very similar the other night as well, although mine didn't have veggies, but pineapple. I love anything sweet and sour :)

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! I linked up two things today.
    (1) I have been overrun with tomatoes from my garden. And I love sundried tomatoes. I've linked up Sundried Roma Tomatoes-made in the oven. They are so good on a pizza, a sandwich, or just by themselves.
    (2) I've also linked up simple recipes to make all of your Skin Care from home. The ingredients are healthy, moisturizing, wrinkle-fighting and non-toxic.
    Hope you enjoy and thanks for hosting the party again!
    Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Julie! I just might have to try that once the weather cools down a bit. The pineapple sold me!

    Thanks for the invite to your linky party too! I'll post a few things!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi

    Thanks for inviting me to your awesome party!! I'm following you on GFC and added your party to my blog hop.

    Michelle @thegildedhare.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete