Monday, February 04, 2013

Healthyish Graham Cracker Dessert

I was inspired to make this after having some Nature Valley Granola Thins. I had graham cracker crumbs, so I thought I would try make them myself. It is like a graham cracker crust with melted chocolate on top, except I added healthy stuff like flax seed and wheat germ.

It has, 1/2 box graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup wheat germ
1cup flax seed
3/4 cup melted butter
1t vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. If the mixture seems too dry, you can add more butter or vegetable oil. Press into a jelly roll pan, bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately add the chocolate chips. Return to oven for about a minute until melted. Spread chocolate evenly. I let mine cool and storing it in the refrigerator.


3 comments:

  1. They look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    What a great treat to enjoy, yummy! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you added flax seed and wheat germ! I will have to see about adding one of both of those to one of my desserts. Thanks again for linking up to the Weekend Kitchen Link Party!

    ReplyDelete