Thursday, July 19, 2012

Show Your Stuff #33 - Upsidedown Brownies

I am excited for this weeks edition for Show Your Stuff, I took the next step and paid for an InLinkz subscription, so now I will have thumbnails of your links.
I am showing off an upside down brownie, a nut and oatmeal topping on top of a brownie.

So it is time to share the recipe:

First make the crumb topping:

1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup pack brown sugar
1/2 chopped nuts
1/3 cup melted butter

Combine all ingredients, pack down firmly into a lightly greased 9x9 inch pan.

Make the brown batter

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix thoroughly the first four ingredients, add in the dry ingredients. pour batter over the crumb topping. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Immediately turn brownies upside down. let cool before outing into squares.

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting! Love the thumbnails. And the brownies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rich ...! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy brownies, lovely recipe! Thank you Julie for hosting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning! We have had almost a month of 100 degree temps. I have been experimenting with tasty, low calorie beverages-and today, I'm sharing my Fresh Lime "Gritzer (#29 ). Have a good morning and thanks for hosting the party again!
    Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, i love these upside down brownies!! The nuts look delish! Please don't forget to like us on Facebook Thank you for linking to Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm you are really making me want one of those brownies. YUM

    Following gfc and I voted on the fence

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your invite to the party! Your brownies sound lethal! I think they could conquer any craving! I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for inviting me over!!
    Melissa @ Willamettevalleywonderwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for inviting me over to play! :) Is this a weekly party? If so, I'll add it to my linky parties page on my website.

    Mandy
    smallfineprint.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the invitation! Have an amazing week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look rather delicious. Thanks for hosting a party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for inviting me to party with you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your upside down brownies look so yummy! Thanks for coming to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey - this is a great idea!
    Never make or even thought of upside down brownies. I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete